Saturday, June 26, 2010

6/26/2010 We Can’t Get a Break…..

……from the HEAT! This heat wave has got to end. We’re in day three now and every conversation is filled with phrases like “sweatin’ like a pig” or “hotter ‘n’ hell”.

I had no choice but to go out this morning, today is my day for reservation cards. I was surprised that at 8:30 almost half of those pulling out today were already gone and another quarter were taking care of the last things to do before heading for home. They want to beat the heat. HA! It’s already 83!

Bob had a few areas to mow as the RV’s pulled out. Before the hour was out he returned to change shirts, the first one wet enough wring out.

I usually walk when I do the reservation cards. I only got halfway through this morning before I went back for the golf cart. For the first time ever, on my watch, the RV’s pulling out had all vacated by eleven. That is just unheard of.

The camp store is doing a brisk business with ICE being the most sought after item. Three deliveries were made today by the ice company that supplies us. I wonder if the delivery guys draw straws to see who gets to stand in the refrigerated truck and move the pallets to the doorway? This is one time when you’d want the short straw!

We have empty sites in the park. Some of those who were supposed to come in today didn’t. Too hot I wonder? The weatherman says 98 today.

I don’t know how those in the tents are doing it. The air is so still, no breeze to flow through the vents in their tent walls. I would be heading to the closest motel.

Bob and I had the store today from 4 – 7. Bob was kept very busy with ice and I was busy ringing it up. The time went fast and that’s a good thing.

The weatherman says we’re going to get a break tomorrow, its only going to 96.

Yep, summertime at an east coast beach. Hotter n hell!

No comments: