Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6/30/2010 Prize Gathering

Today I spent the day gathering prizes for the Sandcastle contest winners.

This is something I’m good at. I don’t know if it’s because I ask nicely or if its the cause, in this case the Life Saving Station or because I tell the shop owner I’m not leaving until they give me something. Whatever it is, it works. Last year, in Bethany Beach proper, six prizes were gathered. I collected 21 in four hours and I’m not done yet as I had a few I have to return to because I’ve already gotten calls from the absent manager’s to come back and pick up the donations.

I collected body boards (2), T-shirts, wall decorations, stuffed animals,a sun visor, a nice key chain, and a lot of gift certificates for area restaurants among other things.

IMG_5296

On Tuesday I’ll go out all day with Emily, the volunteer coordinator, and “do” Rehoboth Beach which is several times bigger than Bethany Beach. Between the two of us we should have prizes for quite a few of the participants in the contest next Saturday. I am so looking forward to this.

1 comment:

DeWayne and Joy said...

You know what they say....Persistance pays off. Good luck at Rehoboth beach! Oh, and be sure and take LOTS of pictures! We miss you guys!