Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6/8/2010 Going Home for “Our” Weekend

It was another long day in the store again. I have to wonder if its worth keeping it open all day until the kids get out of school and the real vacation season begins. Thankfully Linda and I had our books to keep us busy and to help pass the time.

I did run home for a short while in the afternoon to get us packed for the next two days in Wilmington. Wednesday and Thursday’s are our official days off and since we hadn’t been home since we got here we thought we better make the 90 mile trip north.

I thought we had planned to leave as soon as after four as we could but then Bob realized what time high tide was and that idea went out the window. Not that it matters really because Mom wasn’t holding dinner for us, we were going to get cheese steaks when we got up there anyway. When the blues are running, little else matters in these parts.

We did finally get on the road just after six-thirty. We saw this guy on his way back to his camper. It must be hard to ride a bike and carry a stringer of fish because he was walking the bike.

IMG_5075

Mom called me to remind us that the place where we were getting cheese steaks closed at eight. Hmmm…we weren’t going to get there in time. No matter, we’ll stop some place else. We got as far as New Castle and stopped at the TGI Friday’s. We stepped inside the door and turned around and walked right back out. The rap music was so incredibly loud that Bob couldn’t even hear me when I said I didn’t want to stay. I had to motion for him to leave. I don’t know how anybody could hold a conversation over dinner with music that loud. So we ended up next door at Arby’s.

Mom and Dad were waiting for us when we arrived and we settled in quickly. It’s good to be home again.

No comments: