Tuesday, June 29, 2010

6/29/2010 Happy Birthday Ryann!

Ryann

HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

RYANN!

Thirty years ago today this young lady was born to my brother and sister-in-law, Ryann has been such a joy to this family. She’s a wonderful mommy to her own little boys now and is a friend to everyone who meets her. Happy Birthday sweetie, hope your day was everything you wanted it to be.

Another day in the store, a long day, not much business other than ice. Thankfully I work with Linda and I enjoy her company so much so we just talk the day away.

I was sitting out at the picnic table this evening and I heard this buzzing noise. It would stop for a few seconds and then start again. It was close by but yet I couldn’t determine what was making it. I sat and listened and then caught movement out of my eye. This dragonfly was laying on the ground and beating it wings for all it was worth but just wasn’t moving. I couldn’t see where it was hurt or had a broken wing so I just left it alone. Do dragonflies bite or sting? I don’t even know.

IMG_5294

The weatherman says R E L I E F tomorrow. High in the mid 80’s and the humidity will break. Its about time! We are so ready for it! Poor Bob changes clothes several times a day because he is working right out in the sun for a few hours at a stretch, I know he is really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Karen and Al said...

I don't think dragonflies sting. I'm wondering if he was getting a drink of water. I've seen butterflies on damp sand drinking so maybe dragonflies do too.

Glad your heat is breaking..I'm disappointed, I thought you may have found a good place to spend the summer!

LaVon Baker said...

There's lots of dragonflies here, too. I don't think they bite, either. They won't get close enough to you to bite you.