Friday, June 18, 2010

6/18/2010 A Quaint Little Town and Dinner Out

I started my morning at the local drug store to pick up a Father’s Day card. The next stop was the post office to mail that Father’s Day card and to pick up our mail which I had delivered to us for the first time in over a month. Wouldn’t you know it, mostly junk mail. From there it was off to get my nails done which were in dire need. I really liked the woman who did the last time I was there and asked for her only to find out that she moved to Massachusetts. So now i have someone new again and she swears she isn’t going anywhere.

Bob had a few hours to put in around the camp and he had a fishing line was begging to get wet so we each had plans for the day.

DeWayne and Joy picked me up a little after eleven and we headed towards Lewes, DE so they could explore this quaint little town. I didn’t take any pictures because I had done a post on this town when I visited with my forever friend Elaine. You can read about it HERE.

I enjoyed seeing the town thru their eyes and of course enjoyed walking through the shops and looking at all the beautiful things I had no intention of buying.

Next we headed to the beach right there in Lewes. The water is just as calm as can be in this area and beach wasn’t crowded at all. We talked about everything under the sun while sitting on the beach and all too soon it was time to head home.

We met again about two hours later for dinner at Mickey’s Crab House in Bethany Beach. Neither one had ever had blue claw crabs before and wanted to try them before they pull out of here. Crabs are still at premium prices right now at $48.00 a dozen. A little steep to order something if you don’t know if you are even going to like them or not. Face it, crabs are a lot of work for the meat you get out of them. Bob did get the All You Can Eat order at $38.00 but knew that he would eat a fair amount of crabs. We suggested that DeWayne and Joy get the lump meat crab cakes which they thoroughly enjoyed. I was torn between the crab cakes and steamed shrimp and opted for the shrimp. As soon as I saw the lump meat crab cakes I was sorry with my choice.

Bob really enjoyed is pile of crabs.

IMG_5167

The three of us were done our meals and Bob was still going strong on his second pile of crabs. We gave these newbie full-timers some advice and money saving hints and things to think about in this new lifestyle they have chosen.

When Bob decided he had enough crabs our waitress packed the leftovers into a paper bag for him to take home and we were on our way out the door. Getting out of the parking lot took some maneuvering since we both have huge trucks and everyone seems to be in such a hurry to find a parking space but we managed to hold up traffic long enough to back these trucks out.

We headed out to get beer and Pepsi’s and DeWayne and Joy went to their place. We met up with them a short while later and finished our conversation at their picnic table. Three hours later, at eleven thirty we said our goodnights and headed home.

This was a full and fun day!

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

So glad you have added another wonderful couple to your list of new friends. That is just the best.

Tracy said...

One of Tommy's and my favorite things in life...Blue Claw Crabs. That is how we met, out with friends picking crabs.