Friday, October 3, 2008

10/03/08 First Week Down!

I'm not a screaming ninny! I haven't pulled out all my hair! I can still speak in coherent sentences! I made it through the first week first three days as the Activities Coordinator.

The best news I got today was that one of the team members, Jim, does desktop publishing and he will take care of the newsletter we put out every month. This is a HUGE load off my mind as our newsletter runs quite a few pages with everything happening in the resort being listed plus write-ups on what happened the previous month.

Today we got all the Halloween decorations out of the storage shed. I didn't get to see but a few of them so I don't know yet what we have. I hope they are in better shape than the Luau decorations were from last year.

By ten-thirty everything that could be done by the team, was...so I sent them home. Ahhh, I remember those days!

I spent the majority of the afternoon on the phone scheduling day trips, shows and a fashion show.

Bob spent his day doing tons of stuff around the house. Our awning is looking brand new again, the rest of the rig has been washed, he started organizing the basement (again) and he cleaned up inside too. What a guy!

After our my favorite meal of salad, steak, baked potato and brussel sprouts we settled in for a night of TV.

Its still very hot here. Today we hit 98 degrees but a cold front is coming! I wish it would get here!

My knees are killing me! I don't know why but the same thing happened last year. The day we arrived they started giving me a lot pain when I had to walk up or down stairs. Same thing this year. If I recall correctly this lasted several weeks. Anybody have any ideas as to why?

That's about it for today, phone calls for me and cleaning for Bob.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Your are not drinking enough water! You are in the desert, remember?! Dehydration will cause inflamation.
Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
:-)