Sunday, October 5, 2008

10/5/08 A Trip to Tucson

Bob needed to go to Camping World in Tucson today if we are to get the screen room up any time soon. He wanted to get "ribs" to fit under the awning so that the awning will be taut and not flap in the wind when it comes up. These are something we could have done without, but with them it will make for a nicer room. So off to Tucson we go.

It was an uneventful trip as we had been this way before so it wasn't new scenery. Just your run of the mill desert and mountains on each side of the road. Ho-hum.

We got want we wanted in no time and headed back. Of course a beer/soda run was in order and I grabbed a few things in the grocery department while I was there. With fuel prices we consolidate trips nowadays as I'm sure you are doing too.

I did take notice of how "decorated" the overpasses were on the way home. This just fascinates me to no end. We just don't have anything like this in Delaware. I guess if we did it would be pictures of beakers because we're home to the DuPont company and known as the chemical capital or maybe a bank deposit slip because we're real big on banks too. Maybe we're better off with just the plain cement we're used to.

IMG_5296

Before you go any further, go click the pink icon. Go ahead, I'm not typing another word until you do!

The park still isn't filling up. Of course we weren't here this early last year so maybe this is normal. Hopefully some more Activities workampers will come in this week.

After dinner I settled in for TV to watch Amazing Race and I have no idea what Bob watched. Thank heavens we are a two TV family!

No comments: