Tuesday, October 7, 2008

10/7/08 Flyers and Tickets

Today Steve got Channel 27 up and running. This is a channel dedicated to our park activities. I've decided that one team member from each of the three teams will be taught how to put messages on the channel and take them off when needed. A file will be kept with new messages and changes and that will be that person's responsibility first thing each morning they work.

We worked a bit more on Halloween decorations and are pretty much done in that department. Probably a few things will have to be tweaked here and there. So far we've gotten good comments on how things look from the residents that are here.

This afternoon more flyers and tickets for upcoming shows were done. This is slower going than I would like but I'm finding previous flyers that were done are all over the place in the computer. We're not necessarily making up new flyers, we're using the ones from last year and just changing the dates. Hey, that works for me!

After work Bob and I went into Casa Grande to run a few errands. On the way we took notice of this cactus. Menacing looking isn't it?

IMG_5280

It's cooled down to the mid-90's now and it is much more bearable. The only thing I've found about being here so early in the season, that I don't like, is that we don't have cold water coming out of the tap. Its very warm to hot usually. I guess the pipes aren't buried that low in the ground and they are getting warmed by the outside temps. Sometimes you just want cold water, you know? I better not complain too much or I could find myself in the middle of Arizona's coldest winter on record if I don't stop.

So far I'm extremely pleased with the Activities team members that are here. I think we've got a good bunch this year!

No comments: