Friday, October 10, 2008

10/10/08 WHERE Did This Week Go???

Oh my gosh! It's Friday already. I really don't know where this week went. It feels like it should only be Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but I sure hope every week doesn't go this fast. That would be life passing much too quickly.

We had a visitor in the office today. I had gotten notice when I arrived about a golf tournament being held that would benefit the Arizona Children's Christmas Party so I left a message for Val, the lady who heads this whole thing, to let her know that she could count on Quail Run for gifts, money, the tree and gift wrappers. She stopped in to let us know that she appreciated the call and would certainly welcome us to gift wrap all the gifts like we did last year. She went on to say that the golf tournament was a huge success and that they had 148 golfers involved. That effort alone raised over $5500.00! On November 1st there is going to be a motorcycle poker run as another fund raiser and she said participation for that so far is more than she ever dreamed. The kids should have a good year this year!

I met the new team that came in today. I forget their first names right now but there is no way I'll forget the next part! She is a former caterer! That is going to help so much with planning meals, recipes and how much to buy. I am the luckiest Activities Director on earth!

This afternoon Kim, Mary and I spent the time cleaning up the computer. (Jim is still working at home designing the newsletter) We opened each file and determined what years folder it belonged to and which file it should go in. We still have some fine tuning to do but everything is pretty much in its place now and easily accessible. Thank you Kim and Mary!

Mary took off at 3:15, yep, time got away from us again and Kim and I stayed until 3:45 to finish up the last little bit that had to be gone through.

It was a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snooky is not only the luckiest Activities coordinator, but the BEST Activities Coordinator. She has certainly made us fell welcome and usefu. I'm really looking forward to all of us working together this season.

Kim