Sunday, October 26, 2008

10/26/08 I Had the Best of Intentions

When I went to bed last night I had every intention of getting up this morning and attending the church services here in the park. I am not a regular church go-er and decided that it was time for me to turn over a new leaf, if you will, and start attending on a regular basis.

Church services start at ten. I woke up at ten of. That in itself is unheard of! I can't remember the last time I slept so late. Granted, I haven't been sleeping well lately and I probably needed it but like I had said, I had the best of intentions.

Since I'm used to getting up hours earlier I felt the like the day was half over before I even got started! I was going to get so much done today! Laundry, I was going to the pool, I was going to the store. None of those things happened. I was a slug all day!

Bob wasn't much better. He didn't sleep as late but he didn't do anything outside either. Of course his finger is still giving him a bit of a problem so he has a reason.

We're very much into the World Series right now. Our Philadelphia Phillies are playing!

I'm a great believer in writing letters to companies about their products whether it be a good experience or a not so good experience. I've also written many a letter to restaurants to let them know we've had a great meal/service or a not so great meal/service. (The restaurants with the not so great meals/service will often send you gift certificates for free meals with their letter of apology.) I recently came across this letter that a lady wrote to a major company and I thought I'd share with you.


Dear Tide:




I am writing to say what an excellent product you have! I've used it all of my married life, as my Mom always told me it was the best. Now that I am in my fifties I find it even better! In fact, about a month ago, I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to belittle me about how clumsy I was and generally started becoming a pain in the neck. One thing led to another and somehow I ended up with his blood on my new white blouse! I grabbed my bottle of Tide with bleach alternative and to my surprise and satisfaction all of the stains came out! In fact, the stains came out so well the detectives who came by yesterday told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative and then my attorney called and said that I was no longer considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband. What a relief! Going through menopause is bad enough without being a murder suspect! I thank you, once again, for having a great product.
Well, gotta go, have to write to the Hefty bag people.




1 comment:

Bobby and Shelly Evans said...

Hi Snookie, We are currently in Wildersville, Tennessee at Natchez Trace State Park, Pin Oak RV Campground, for two days(leaving Monday morning).

Read that you have been considering attending church, I think that is GREAT! Although Shelly has regularly attended the church most of her life, I walked down a different path. However, over the last two years my relationship with God has grown tremendously. Not sure what "clicked" in my heart but finally I was able to give up "control"(submit) and now truly feel Purpose, Love and Piece in my life. Even though Shelly and I have been married for 17 years, it feels great to finally be able to "share" this part of our lives with each other and has made us even closer. We will be praying for you and Bob!

Piece and Grace,
Bobby and Shelly