Monday, April 21, 2014

4/21/14 Graceland - The Cars

Next stop on our tour was the ……

IMG_8143
Elvis bought this for Priscilla one Christmas.  In white of course.  At the time of writing this I cannot for the life of me remember what kind of car this is.  Anybody???

IMG_8144
Another white one, this time it’s a Rolls Royce.

IMG_8145
Elvis also loved his motorcycles.  This is not the best picture I’ve ever taken.

IMG_8146
If I remember correctly he bought this one for his mother.  It has been fully restored.

IMG_8151

IMG_8147
I didn’t get pictures of everything but there was also an array of golf carts, dune buggies and snow mobiles fitted to ride on grass since Memphis is not the snow capital of the world.

Elvis also liked to ride around on the grounds of Graceland on a John Deere tractor.  In the late 90’s the tractor was retired after 50 years of use and replaced with the latest model.  A group from the local college took on the task of restoring the first one back to its original condition.  It looked like it came off the showroom floor.  I couldn’t get a picture of it because two men were standing right in front of it reminiscing about their old tractors and just weren’t moving on.  So I did.
 
There was a little theater area  set up where we could watch a short film on Elvis and his driving in the movies he made.

No comments: