Wednesday, April 23, 2014

4/23/14 The Color of Spring

(On the Road to Dickson, TN)

We were on the road by 8:30 this morning.  We doing an unusual 280 miles today.  This is our last day on the road, tomorrow we arrive at our destination.

As we were traveling the highway I took notice of the colors.  One always thinks of the fall season as far as colors are concerned.  I don’t think I ever paid attention, I mean really paid attention until today.

New leaves are out along this roadway.  Light greens, medium greens, dark greens, yellowish greens, silvery greens, white, pink, red, purple and lavender.  Every mile brought more colors.

IMG_8198

IMG_8199

IMG_8200
 
IMG_8201

IMG_8204

IMG_8207

IMG_8208

IMG_8210
Color abounds wouldn’t you agree?

We finally pulled into a campground and Bob and I both said, “We’ve been here before.”  It had to be years ago, before we went full timing.  We couldn’t recall the trip but we both knew we had been here before. 

I went into the office to register and I couldn’t find anyone.  I saw a registration form on the counter so I filled it out and then called out….Hellooooo, anybody here?  Nothing.  Several times.   I went out and went next door where I saw two ladies sitting on a deck.  They instructed me to use the bell on the counter.  Bell?  I didn’t see a bell.  I went back in and on the little counter off to the side I found the bell.  I rang it once and within a nano-second this young fellow comes out of a back room. I asked him if he heard me calling out hello and he ignored me.  I asked again and he still ignored me.  He finally looked at me and said, I heard the bell.  I didn’t like him from the gitgo.  You know, sometimes you just have a gut feeling for someone.  He never spoke to me again until he said, “Cash, $15.87.”  I’m not normally a violent person but I wanted to reach over that counter and grab this jerk by the throat.  So campers, the place was called Bean Pot Campground in Dickson, TN.  Fair warning, the guys a jerk.

No comments: