Tuesday, April 29, 2014

4/29/2014 Our First Day at Work

(Damascus, VA)

We started our volunteer jobs today.  There was a little bit of miscommunication about our hours but it all worked out in the end.  Edie gave me a schedule of 2 to 6 today for us but in actuality Bob was to work 10 – 2.  So today we both worked the later afternoon hours.

Bob went off with the park manager for a total tour of the place and I worked in the office.  Actually, it was a dreary day here today and its in the middle of the week so it was really slow.  I waited on each person that did come in and procedures are so simplified that I picked up or figured out quickly what had to be done.  I was even left by myself at the end of day.

I miss the Internet!  I don’t know what to do with myself.  I miss playing my games on Facebook and checking out my Groupon offers, reading all my email and the forums I keep up with.  Yes, I can go to the office anytime I please and I certainly am grateful for that but its just not the same as reading with morning bagel.

Cell service.  Yep, missing that too.  Not as much as my Internet though.

I hope to get out and about and take some pictures of where we are.  I also want to get to the tourism office to get ideas for day trips.  We haven’ spent much time in this area and I hear there are lots of things to do.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

 

No comments: