Saturday, February 2, 2008

2/2/08 Kill the Groundhog!

Groundhog day. That little *&%^$#, Puxatawney Phil saw his shadow! Six more weeks of winter. I guess if I was taken out my nice warm burrow early on a cold morning with hundreds of people cheering my appearance and the TV lights and the dudes in the top hats carrying me around I would run back just as fast as I could too.


Today Quail Run held its second craft show and luncheon. Once again the table holders brought some unusual craft items. I did buy a potato baker bag. A cloth bag that you put your potatoes in and slip the whole thing in the microwave. No need to prick them and they won't explode. I also bought a jar of homemade corn relish.


I guess the thing that intrigued me the most was the bird houses I saw. Picture this, an old cowboy boot with two pieces of wood ( 1x2 ) set down into the boot and secured, with just an inch or so of wood extending past the top of the boot. A wooden roof attached to the exposed wood and a hole cut into the side of the boot with a perch sticking out. Lots of people looked at them and I heard a lot of "I can make that" so I'm betting that tomorrow cowboy boots will be hard to come by at the local Goodwill store. The birdhouses were such a novelty I may even make a trip there myself.

Once the event was over we had to transform the Carnaval Room from a craft show to rows of chairs for church services tomorrow morning. We had lots of help so that job didn't take long at all.

We ordered pizza in tonite for dinner as I just didn't have it in me to cook anything. Come to think of it the fridge didn't have anything in it for me to cook either. Looks like a trip to the market is in my near future.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

I can't believe neither one of took a picture of those unique bird houses. I had my camera and talked to the lady who made them. Could have asked her if I could take a picture for my blog. She might have said "no" but I doubt it. They were the most unique birdhouses I've ever seen.