Monday, February 4, 2008

2/3/08 Super Bowl Sunday

The big day is finally here. The one football fans have waited all winter for. Its being held this year not too far from where we are here in Arizona.

Its being billed here as "The Greatest Show on Grass". I was rooting for the Patriot's because they've had a perfect season and it seemed only right that they should take the trophy too. It did seem strange to be watching the kickoff in late afternoon rather than our usual early evening time slot on the east coast.

Before we could settle down this afternoon to watch the game I had to make a trip to the supermarket. What was I thinking? I really should have planned this better as I had to go to two stores to get what I needed. It was like December 24th all over again! I was able to snag the very last bag of rippled potato chips but there was no lunchmeat to be had. I also got the last of the Pepsi's. I'm glad I went when I did! The only good thing about this whole trip was that I got to experience a supermarket other than Walmart. I'm changing stores! I went to one called Fry's and I was impressed!

I had put all the fixin's for beef stew in the crock pot so I didn't have to get up in the middle of the game to prepare dinner. That's at least one thing I did right today.

No comments: