Friday, February 22, 2008

2/21/08 Will This Day Never End????

Oh what a day!

We started the day setting up the Carnaval Room for Bingo tonight. That done it was time to start getting the spaghetti sauce started but not before we lost electricity! We don't know what happened but it was out for an hour. Thank heavens we have gas stoves. After we had browned the ground beef and onion, transferred it to the roasters and added the sauce and chopped tomatoes it was determined that we didn't have enough sauce. Off to Walmart I went to get more. I thought it best to pick up another big box of spaghetti noodles just in case. Sure enough when I got out to the truck the cell phone was beeping that I had a message. I called Bob back and he said to get more spaghetti that the team determined we didn't have enough. Good thing I had already picked some up.

In years past the noodles were cooked the day before, I don't know why, it doesn't make sense to me and it certainly seems like double the work since it is going to be put back into boiling water tomorrow to warm it back up. I didn't question it out loud as this is the way it has been done in years past. So we got busy cooking large packages of noodles and putting a little olive oil on them so they don't stick together. I sure hope that works or we're gonna have one big mess tomorrow.

During all this I'm trying to get our laundry done and it had to be one of the busiest days in the laundry room I've seen. Did you ever just have one of "those" days?

Ok, so the sauce is done, the noodles are cooked, all the salad fixins are bought and we have a plan in place. Its time to go home for a few hours before we have to be back for bingo duty.

After dinner we made our way back to work. Popcorn was made, ice cream dished into cups for ice cream floats and sodas put on ice. We were ready for the masses to descend upon us. Well, there were no masses. In fact, I think this is one of the slowest bingo nights I've experienced while working. And to think I could have been at home watching Survivor! I asked LaVon to TIVO it for me so I'll get to watch it later.

This has been a long day!

No comments: