Sunday, March 2, 2008

2/28/08 A Sad Farewell

Today started with almost every Winter Resident in the Carnaval Room to say goodbye to our Activities Directors Bruce and DeAnn Hoover. Bruce had actually left a month ago to return to work. He got an offer he just couldn't refuse from the place he retired from. DeAnn stayed for another month to help Buddy and Shelley Wright who will take over the reins for the remaining time here to learn the ropes of recordkeeping and such.


Bruce and DeAnn are not only great leaders but have become friends to so many here in the park. They will be greatly missed. Bob and I hope we will cross paths with again them in our travels and we are sure to keep in touch with them in the meantime.


So Bruce and DeAnn.... we're glad to have had the time here in Quail Run with you and we're certainly happy to count you as friends, we most certainly will miss you.



From the morning farewell we headed to our Friday morning mini golf game. We surprised to find some new "hazards" on the course!




And as if those rocks weren't big enough.......

After a quick lunch I met up with Marlene and we went into town to get the prints made for the Photo Scavenger Hunt. That took quite awhile because not only did I have 100 prints for the contest I had some of my own that I wanted to make into 5 x 7's and some more 4 x 6's to give to our friends here in the park.

We had a "Sock Hop" here in the evening. I really didn't last too long at that because I was just plain tired. I haven't been sleeping too well these past few nights and it all finally caught up with me. It was fun to see the people dressed up in their 50's outfits.

The realization hit today that the White Team is tasked again with another dinner! If you recall we did the Valentine's Dinner/Dance, the spaghetti dinner and now I find out our team has St. Patrick's day to cook for! On top of all this, its the White Team that is on duty the days before the Luau we're having so we'll be preparing a good portion of the food for that! I never thought I'd be spending this much time in the kitchen!

No comments: