Monday, March 31, 2008

3/30/08 Quail Run is in BLOOM!

I got the laundry out of the way early this morning while Bob continued packing and re-packing the basement compartments. The outside work is nearly done now.

While in the laundry I saw Lenny and Ginny Dexter with a large birthday balloon heading towards the Carnaval Room where church was being held. They told me it was for Nancy Reid and I followed to get a picture. Yes, I even take the camera when I do laundry!

IMG_2467

LaVon and I took a walk around the park today because we heard there were some cactuses blooming and the blooms only last 24 hours. We wanted to be sure to get pictures of them. I don't know what kind of cactus this is but it is just beautiful!

IMG_2463 IMG_2464

More pretty flowers from Quail Run.

IMG_2466 IMG_2470

This is a Bird of Paradise Tree.

IMG_2477

The Oleander bushes are in bloom.

IMG_2478

We saw a lot of these around the park and I said to LaVon, "C'mon LaVon, make them bloom". I figured since she was the preacher's wife she would have some extra pull.

IMG_2471

Well, wouldn't you know we turned the corner and saw THIS!

IMG_2481

It's the ONLY bloom like this in the whole park! You can't tell me He doesn't listen!

Here's a picture looking up from under a palm tree.

IMG_2485

No comments: