Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11/12/08 Its Warming Up Again

We've been in long pants and light jackets for the past two days but we're back in shorts and T's again. Just a cold front coming through and now its gone.

It was another busy day for Activities again. I had the troops out in the park selling tickets to events and for the monthly 50-50 we have.

We have an act coming in this weekend called the Sweethearts of Branson or also known as The Ron and Opal Show. Well, tickets aren't selling. It seems they have been here the past few years and I guess the winter residents are getting tired of them so tickets aren't being sold. They'll be here Saturday and so far only 18 tickets have been sold. I'm sure come the evening of their performance we'll sell tickets at the door, at least I hope so. I think one of the problems is that they are performing at a local church and they are advertising in the local paper. Maybe the residents are thinking why pay to see them when I can go down the street and see them for free. I know I would think that way,,,,being The Queen of Cheap that I am. I'm just glad we don't have to pay them a set price, what we take at the door is what they get no matter how much it is.

Lots of comments still coming in about our service yesterday and the lunch we served. All good.

I spent the afternoon perusing the weekly grocery store papers to see who has turkeys on sale. Its time to start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner and it looks like buying at least fourteen turkeys is in my future. This will be a first for me. Of course this is going to be the first of many firsts for me this year.

Bob is really getting some miles in for the week with his morning walks. I was surprised when he told me that he walks every single street in the park each morning. Here I thought he was just walking the perimeter of the park which measures just under one mile.

This evening Bob got into an online poker game and I went to Bev and Dave's for awhile to give Dave a hard time visit. They shared their pictures of their trip to Alaska with me and it makes me want to go there all the more now. Someday we'll get there, someday.

Just another day in paradise for these full timers.

No comments: