Sunday, November 30, 2008

11/30/08 I Ain't Kissin' No More Butt!

My butt kissin' days are over as of today! I'll explain this a little later.

I thought I'd go right to sleep last night! No such luck! I couldn't fall off to sleep because I was just so wound up. The last time I looked at the clock it was 11:30. I was really hoping I would sleep past four in the morning and I did! I finally got up around nine and it felt so good to sleep that long!

I just kinda vegged this afternoon until it was time for line dancing. Bob didn't do too much more than me. He seemed to sit in deep thought for most of the day so he must be planning our Christmas decorations.

The Tuesday morning line dancing session is getting way too crowded, I think I may have mentioned that before. Another session was set up for Sunday afternoons but you had to pick which session you wanted to take part in, you couldn't do both. Well, that didn't sit right, I wanted to do both! I love these dance sessions and I love spending time with Carl and Sandy. I begged, I pleaded, I promised, I swore, everything you can imagine to get them to let me attend both sessions. I kept getting the answer "no". I asked them if I got a petition signed by 100 people in the park would they let me dance. They said to do it and they would think about it. Now of course I didn't go around to everyone in the park and ask them to sign a petition, I did the next best thing. I have a list of everyone in the park and I made a typewritten list of 101 residents, including myself. Hey, there's no law that says you can't sign your own petition is there? Anyway, I presented it to them and they got a huge kick out of it. Here's what it said:

"We, the undersigned, winter residents of Quail Run RV Resort do hereby give permission to Snookie to type our names, in alphabetical order no less, in her petition for permission to partake in the Sunday Line Dancing session she so dearly loves. Lessons given by that wonderful woman we all love, Sandy, to the music played by the greatest man on earth, affectionately known as Cactus Carl. We give this permission for our names to be typed because our handwriting sucks and we want you to be able to read it. Along side of our names are comments that we might have said, might have thought about saying or what Snookie wanted to hear us say. You pick."

Below this was one hundred names, randomly picked from the list of winter residents that I have. Now I made comments along side about 20 or so of the names that Carl and Sandy just got the biggest kick out of. I'd list them here but they wouldn't make any sense to you so I'm not going to bother.

So the time came for the dance session to start and I walked up to the Carnaval Room. I stood outside and looked pitifully in,,,,I was going for their heartstrings here. Sandy saw me and she called four others close in by her like they were having a conference. She walked over to me at the window and said, "Snookie, I'm sorry to tell you,,,,,pregnant pause here,,,,,that you can't stand by the window anymore, get your butt in here! They are gonna let me do both sessions! Hooray for me! I am a happy camper!

Halfway through the session Sandy says to me, "You know Snook, Carl and I were going to let you dance both sessions all along." I replied, "You mean I have been begging and pleading and whining and kissing your butts all week for nothing?" Sandy said, "Oh, it wasn't for nothing, Carl and I got a big kick out of it and we loved it." So that's how the story ends. I get to line dance both sessions after all. Oh in case you are wondering, I get to do this because I'm a "helper" in the Sunday session because I know how to do all the dances and I can "help" the newbies. Works for me!

I watched Amazing Race tonight and cannot believe that guys from my home state are still in it! In fact, they are one of the three teams going for the million dollars! Unbelievable!

I'm glad these last few days are over. It should be clear sailing here for the next two weeks anyway.

No comments: