Friday, November 21, 2008

11/22/08 WHAT Did She SAY?????

Busy, busy day here for the Activities Team. First thing we had tear down the tables from yesterday's luncheon and set up for the comedy team that is coming in tonight. Halfway through the day we had to go back and add more chairs because ticket sales had certainly picked up. Thank heavens!

This afternoon the team had to get ready for the dreaded pancake breakfast we're having tomorrow. I don't like pancake breakfasts! Don't get me wrong, I love pancakes, I love someone else cooking them, I like eating them in a restaurant, I don't like having to be on the cooking/serving end of the breakfast! I don't like having to get up that early in the morning. Oh. Wait. I don't have to do that anymore. Never mind.

By days end the syrup was poured into the serving containers, the sausage almost cooked all the way but not quite, the butter pats were put into bowls, plasticware was wrapped and anything else that could be done was. All was ready for the team's six o'clock in the morning arrival! I'm sorry, I apologize, I'm gloating. I know I shouldn't do that but hot damn(!) I don't have to get up at 5:15.

As soon as the sausage was done and the kitchen cleaned up we called it a day since the team had to be back for this evenings performance of the comedians.

Since the show was to start at seven. Yes, I'm sorry to say our evening entertainment always starts at seven and is usually over at nine. Its a senior thing! Not MY thing, but a senior thing. Its funny, 95% of us talk about how it seems like yesterday that we were going out at nine and here we are now the night is over at that time. I would say this is the only complaint I have about being in a 55+ community. Things are timed like we're ninety five! Just once I would like to have an evening of entertainment that starts at eight! Before I leave here, SOMETHING will start at EIGHT! Snookie clutching her hands at her chest, staring at the sky ::::: With God as my witness, something in Quail Run RV Resort will commence at the hour of eight this year! Whew, got that out of my system!

After a very good dinner of pork chops I headed back to the Carnaval Room for an evening of what I hoped would be a whole two hours of laughs.

At quarter till the party animals started arriving. Soon the seats were filled and the show was underway. I had some things to take care of and missed the first act but as I walked from the Cantina (just across from the Carnaval Room) through the Breezeway to the ladies room I heard something about FAMILY JEWELS, REAR END AND VAPOR LOCK! WHAT DID SHE SAY???? I stopped in my tracks! OMG the preacher and his wife are in there and I don't hear one laugh! What did she say about putting a tampon behind her ear and what did she do with her cigarette? Oh please floor, open up and swallow me now! I kept on walking, I didn't want to hear anymore. When I returned a few minutes later she was off the stage. There is a God! The second comedian got up on the stage and he was pretty good. I heard a lot of laughs, I saw a lot of wives nudging their husbands and vice versa. This is good. I was relaxing by now. My palms had stopped bleeding because my nails were no longer digging into them as I clenched my fists. OK, we'll get through this.

Note to self: Call Randy, that woman is to never play here again!

By the time the third comedian, the headliner, got up on stage everyone seemed very relaxed as if they were enjoying themselves. This guy was a riot! Not one off color joke, not one cuss word and we were rolling in the aisles! I saw many of the winter residents go up to him afterwards and thank him for the show and to tell him how much they enjoyed him. HE is welcome back! (The clock on the wall is wrong)

IMG_5509

All in all it was a good night with the exception of the first comedian (sic).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, stop censoring all the good stuff. We want to hear it ALL. maw

LaVon Baker said...

I can so picture it all. Thanks for your descretion, even though your report of it all is beyond funny.