Saturday, November 8, 2008

11/7-8/08 Caterpillarish????

Nothing too exciting going on these past few days. We've got a lot coming up next week but this week is relatively quiet.

Bob has been doing some carpentry work for our neighbors Chuck and Janet so he's been keeping busy.

Saturday evening I went to the theatre in Casa Grande with Marlene R. to see a Night at the Improv type show. It was pretty good and we laughed but on the way home we wondered out loud if the ones who were in the audience and called out the subjects that the skits should be about were planted or not.

The first skit was a single woman on stage and her subject that was just called out "randomly" from the audience was CATERPILLAR. Without a moments hesitation she went into this monologue about her trip to Pet Smart and how the road was covered with caterpillars and she was squishing them and on and on she went. As Marlene and I were discussing the probability of someone having caterpillars on their mind here in Arizona, where I don't even know if they have caterpillars or not, and then the woman immediately going into this story, well, we wondered if the woman who called out the word was a shill or not. As Marlene and I continued our conversation she said she expected others of the troupe to come out and talk about something caterpillarish. Caterpillarish???? I did a double take on that one! I questioned her on the meaning of caterpillarish. She replied, "Caterpillarish, having to do with caterpillars", or something like that. We got quite a laugh about that one.

All in all it was a good show. Marlene and I had gone to this theatre last year to see a play and I was sorry I didn't take the camera with me then because the building is just so unique. So did I remember to take the camera with me this year? I thought about it earlier in the day and then promptly got into Marlene's van without it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get back there again this year and I WILL take the camera next time.

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home as Marlene had to pick up a few things. While there I priced ice cream because I have to go to the store first thing in the morning to pick some up for the ice cream social we're having tomorrow afternoon. Lucky for me Fry's is having a ten for ten sale and Breyer's Ice Cream is included.

No comments: