Saturday, November 15, 2008

11/15/08 62 Times and Counting

Today was errand day again. A trip to Lowe's for Bob and to the grocery store for me. Note to self: Do NOT shop on a Saturday again. It is quite evident the population has swelled here now as the grocery store was very busy.

I visited with Sandy and Cactus Carl for awhile in the early afternoon and then made my way home again.

After a delicious dinner of stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes and corn it was time for this evenings entertainment. We did finally end up selling 38 tickets for the Ron and Opal Show (Sweethearts of Branson) but that was it.

I have to be honest with you, I only saw a few minutes of the show at the end because I spent the time in the Cantina traveling the yellow brick road with Dorothy and Toto in The Wizard of Oz for what I think is the 62nd time for me!

oz

I could walk in and out take up with the words the Scarecrow, The Tin Man and Lion were saying because I've seen it so many times now. I think I know the words by heart....everyone's words! I started watching this when I was six years old and haven't missed a year yet and for the past several years have managed to catch it twice a year. Back in the day they used to show it once a year and if you missed it you were out of luck. I can't really say what the attraction is after so many times but I will go out of my way not to miss it. For any small parts of it I missed tonight, I'm not worried because its on again tomorrow tonight!

It was a nice relaxing day save the time spent in the grocery store. I'll take this any day!

No comments: