Friday, January 12, 2007

11/21/06 Bob the Owner Hates Pinecones!

Day two of workamping. As I mentioned yesterday Debbie, the office manager, doesn't seem to be willing to share her knowledge of how the office works. I've asked to check in campers on the computer system but she tells me she's in a hurry and its easier for her just to do. So be it. Mid-morning Nancy, Jim's wife, who works part time for the park for no pay which I don't get at all, came in looking for something to do. Debbie mentioned that a lot pine cones had fallen and they needed to be cleaned up. I soon learned that Bob the owner absolutely hates pine cones on the ground and they have to be cleaned up at least every other day. Hmmmm....didn't he notice all the pine trees when he bought this place? So I went out with Nancy and collected the offending pine cones. At least it got me out of the office where I'm not allowed to touch anything.

Bob put in his four hours still fixing the bowed walls and trying slow Wayne and Jim as they try to get ahead of themselves. We've come to find out Wayne complains about EVERYTHING! I think it was a long four hours that Bob put in today.

This afternoon we puttered around the campsite and did laundry. Pretty uneventful.

No comments: