Tuesday, January 23, 2007

12/26/06 A Trip to the Hundred Dollar Store

I first heard this term, Hundred Dollar Store from my brother Billy. Back in Delaware I wasn't a frequent visitor to this particular store. Well, let me tell you that has changed! Not only do I do my grocery shopping there but if we need something for the house on wheels its the first place we go. We get our fuel for the truck there too. We have learned that if you go inside and get a gift card and then use that card at the fuel pumps an extra 3 cents per gallon is taken off the price. With diesel at $2.48 a gallon, hell, we'll take that 3 cents. Its also the cheapest place around to get the beer. The term Hundred Dollar Store sure fits, we can't get out of there without spending a hundred bucks! Do you know what store I'm talking about yet? Scroll down to find out.


Yeppers! Walmart Supercenter! Their grocery prices are unbelievable! I had been to the one in Elkton, Maryland before we left home and thought the prices were good there but its nothing like here in Florida! For instance the jar of spaghetti sauce I use was $2.59 per jar at Safeway when we left Delaware, here in the Walmart its only $1.78. I've only found a few things I can't get in this store. They don't carry the trash bags I like and they don't carry jars of Harvard beets. I guess a trip to the Piggly Wiggly is in order. What a dumb name for a grocery store!

In the late afternoon we had our usual Happy Hour (s).

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I agree, but the Piggly Wiggly has been around in the south since I was a child. That's a LONG time.

GoneRving said...

We are Canadians going full timing in July and will certainly take advantage of this tip when we are down in the States.

I am thoroughly enjoying your blog as we are in the decluttering phase of getting out of the sticks and bricks home!