Tuesday, January 30, 2007

1/2/07 Finally! A Haircut!

Blue skies and sunny today. A welcome change to the rainy dreary day it was yesterday.

Today I finally got a much overdo haircut. Six weeks worth of overdue! I had been hearing from other women here at the campground about a place called Hot Headz and made an appointment for today, just a few hours after our neighbor Julie was getting hers cut there. I figured if they screwed up her hair cut I would have time to cancel my appointment. Its just my luck that her and Dave went out to lunch after her appointment and I never got see her. Well, I went. I had an appointment with Kim and told her I wanted a "good trim". When she cut to the satisfactory length and thinned it out I told her that I often think I want something else but am a little scared to try a new cut. She said to me, "It's only hair and it will grow back". So I thought to myself, "Oh what the hell" and told her to do what she wanted. Oh My God! I was so nervous as she was cutting away and I saw more and more of my hair on the floor. When she was all done cutting and blow drying she swung me around in the chair to see my reflection in the mirror. I didn't know who was looking back at me. It was so short! I haven't had hair this short since I was eight years old! When I touched it I was sure I wouldn't need more than a wash cloth to wash it. It was THAT short! I loved it and hated it at the same time. Loved it because it just looked good and hated it because I wasn't sure if I could make it look like this on my own. I'm not good at curling irons and stuff like that. Of course this was so short I couldn't get it around a curling iron rod if my life depended on it. Well, maybe it wasn't that short but it sure seemed like it as this was so new to me. The big test would be when I got home and got Bob's reaction.

I drove up and parked the truck, unsure of what Bob's reaction would be. In the past when I got it cut just a little shorter than usual he would say something like, "Got it cut a little short didn't ya?" Well, I walked into the screen room and he just looked at me. I think it took a minute to register that his WIFE just walked in. He looked and said, "It doesn't look bad!" That's a compliment, trust me. As our neighbors came over for Happy Hour I got much more verbal comments. Everyone seems to like it. As I made walks thru the park some people didn't even recognize me!

The best part of all....this haircut only cost me 13 bucks!

All in all a good day.

No comments: