Wednesday, January 17, 2007

12/11/06 Waiting for Fed-Ex

I made several trips to the office today to find out if the Fed-Ex truck had arrived yet. The lawyers office had called me this past Thursday and said they were sending papers to be signed for the sale of the house. They should have been here on Friday but hey, sometimes things happen,,,even with Fed-Ex. Finally at 2pm I called the attorney to let them know I hadn't received the papers yet. Much to my surprise the paralegal who is working on our settlement told me that she didn't send them since the settlement wasn't going to take place. W H A T ? ? ? ? Why not? How come? Who said? What is going on????? The poor woman, she felt so bad, she thought our real estate agent had informed us already that the buyers had a problem securing their mortgage. I thanked her for the information and then promptly speed dialed our agent. When he realized it was me on the phone he said he was just getting ready to call me. I informed him I had just gotten off the phone with the attorney's office and what I had learned. He told me not to get upset that it wasn't a done deal yet that this happens quite often. It seems as though the buyers went to a very small mortgage company that left no room for anything other than perfect credit. Our buyers have good credit, just not perfect. He assured me that he had a list of mortgage lenders that will have no problem getting them approved at a good rate and that he will forward the list to their agent. Whew! Ok, it may be set back a little in time but its not a done deal. They asked for an extension on the contract to give them time to apply elsewhere. No big deal, we'll make December's mortgage payment and settle in January.

The Eagles won!

No comments: