Monday, January 15, 2007

11/30/06 Southward Bound!

Two words...... OUTTA HERE!

It's time to move on, Fountain, Florida is not the place for us. We picked up US Highway 19 south for the 300 or so mile drive to Port Richey. I even got to drive! Bob pulled over for a pit stop and I took Shag for a walk. When he got back in the truck he got in the passenger side and told me it was my turn. Since traffic was light he thought this was a safe time for me to take the wheel. Now let's set the record straight here and now. I have no problem driving while towing, its Bob that has the problem, not me. It was quite evident by Bob's constant search for the brake pedal on his side of the floorboards. I always ask if he wants me to drive while on a long trip and the answer is always no. I'd be happy to do half the driving. Hear that Bob? I'D BE HAPPY TO DO HALF THE DRIVING!!!!

Before we got into a really populated area of 19 we switched back to our usual spots. Oh well.

We pulled into Port Richey around 3 pm and had no problem finding our new campground, oh, excuse me, our new RV resort. Campground just doesn't sound right when you are in the middle of a city. Since we are "snowbirds" this year our new perch is called Suncoast RV Resort.

Suncoast.....even sounds warm doesn't it?

When we pulled in I went into the office to get signed in and found that if we paid for 4 months in advance it would save us a bit of money. So I paid for the 4 months at $375.00 per month. We do have to pay for electricity which is something we aren't used to in campgrounds but for warm weather its a small price to pay.

We were taken to our site and the first thought through my mind was "Uh-oh, he'll never get our rig backed into this space". I took my usual place at the back of the rig to guide him in and he backed it right in! It wasn't exactly where he wanted it so he did pull forward and back up a time or two but for all intents and purposes he did get it in the first time. Of course every RV'ing wife reading this will know it was because of the guidance he received.

Our new neighbor, Bill, came out right away and congratulated Bob on his skillful driving ability by getting the rig in on the first try. Soon after, Bill's wife Susan came out and also gave Bob a thumbs up. Bill and Sue are originally from California and are in their 2nd year of fulltiming.




Our first friends in Suncoast.

Bill and Susan



It didn't take long before we were meeting all of our neighbors. The next couple we met was Marv and Vi from Michigan. Marv is a hoot! They are both in their early 80's and still very much active, after all he tows their 36 foot 5th wheel down every year.

We spent the rest of the day/evening setting up house. I'm glad we are going to stay put for the next few months.

No comments: