Wednesday, January 17, 2007

12/2/06 Pictures of Our Winter Perch

Woke up to sunny skies today and its definitely a shorts and T day! Ya just gotta love this Florida weather! Shorts in December, yep, life is good.

Here are some pictures of the place we're in.

This the office where the business end of things take place.


Here is the pool area, now it is supposed to be heated, but isn't. We're told it will be fixed in two weeks. Everyone is hoping so.

The building behind the pool is the "clubhouse". It has a large fireplace, tables for sitting and an ancient pool table. The new owner says the pool table will be covered with new felt but from what I'm hearing the winter residents think a whole new table is in order. Regardless, every afternoon a group of die hard pool players gather and play on this pool table that has seen better days.


This next picture is an area I'm quite familiar with. The laundry area. Now I have to admit I've never done laundry outside but I do think it is a good idea. Its not hot and one can sit at the pool while their clothes are washing and drying.




It costs us $1.00 to wash and $1.00 for an hours worth of dry time. I've learned that if you wash when someone else is and are lucky enough to grab their dryer when they have just a few minutes left on the timer you can add a quarter for an extra 14 minutes. Since the dryers are so hot I can dry my clothes in a half hour and only spend fifty cents. That's fifty cents in my pocket!


This next one is a picture of what "our street" looks like.




Pine trees and palm trees.







There is about 8 "streets" in this park. We live on Pine Avenue,,,,how appropriate.


This next picture is a little garden area that you see when you first come into the resort. That's a fountain in the forefront.










Colorful foliage





Now let me take the time to tell you about US Highway 19. Think Route 1 going thru Rehoboth on 4th of July weekend when the 4th actually falls on a Saturday. Got that image in your mind? Bumper to bumper....gridlock? Ok, now double that! No, that's not quite right either, TRIPLE that!



This is a major road here in Florida on the west coast and traffic is just unbelievable! You truly take your life in your hands driving this road, at least in the populated sections of this highway. This next picture is one of 19 from in front of the resort office, this gives you an idea of what a metropolitan area we are in and why this place is not referred to as a campground. Of course when I took this picture the light up the street must have turned red and traffic looks sparse. Trust me, it's not.

So this is where us snowbirds are perched for the winter.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your site immensly. I'm late starting dinner again.
sandy