Wednesday, January 3, 2007

November 11, 2006

Today I went to the local stores to say my "so longs". You live in a place for 26 years and you get to know your local merchants and the staff. There's no just walking away, you have to say so long.

Also today was one of my hardest "so longs". Dianne, my very special friend came to the house to see us. Di lived across the street until the late 90's but we never lost touch when she moved to Alabama and then to New Jersey. Sometimes in life you make "forever friends", Dianne is such a friend. I sobbed, she sobbed and we both sobbed some more. No matter where our travels take us I know she'll always be there. As a going away gift she gave me a peach colored hand towel embroidered with "You will always be my best friend. You know too much". She's right, I do.


The house practically echoes today as we walk through it. It's empty except for what we will absolutely need between now and Monday when we start our great adventure.

Bob spent the day visiting a few of his buddies and having a last beer at his VFW lodge. Tanya ferried me around with last minute errands. She really is attached to my hip and I'm so glad that she is.

Dinner tonight was subs from Capriotti's our favorite sub shop. I'm gonna miss that place!

After dinner Tan and I sat on our porch and reminisced about our 15 + years together until the wee hours of the morning.

No comments: