Tuesday, January 23, 2007

12/24/06 A Sea of Blue Hair

I need a haircut! I'm way overdue for one as I wasn't able to get an appointment with the lady that has been cutting my hair for years before we left. I went to a shop down the road and asked if they had any appointments open for today and was told they could take me at 4 if I wanted to come back. I accepted the appoinment and as I was leaving happen to look around the shop and all I saw was a sea of thin, blue hair. OMG, what was I thinking! I looked at the stylists and it seemed they were practically salivating at the thought of getting their hands on my head of thick hair! Oh no, this is not the place for me! I called and canceled the appointment as soon as I got home.

Tonight many of the park residents gathered at the clubhouse. After we each introduced ourselves to the group we sat and sang Christmas carols, ate the offerings everyone brought to share and just enjoyed being with each other. We shared lots of laughs, some wonderful treats and picnic list grew by four more.

The gathering broke up around 9pm and then it was on to the Quinn's screen room for more partying. At last count we had 27 people at our place and so much booze we could have stocked a liquor store. Bob and I finally got to bed at quarter to two. At least no one could complain about the noise, they were all at our place.

No comments: