Thursday, January 18, 2007

12/13/06 Oh No, This Is Not Good!

I went into the office today to get another one of those papers they hand out telling you what TV station is on what channel as we threw ours away by mistake. Why oh why can't all areas keep the same channels? I've lived with 3, 6 and 10 all my life for the major stations, now I have to learn 8,9 and 11 and I can't keep straight which one is ABC, NBC or CBS! When they make me boss of the world this is the first thing I'm changing!

Well, when I entered the office there was woman who was highly irritated, extremely upset, oh hell, she was pissed to the max! I couldn't help but listen as I waited my turn. I soon figured out what she was so upset about and stepped up to the desk and said, "Excuse me, is this something I should be concerned about too?" Kathy, behind the desk said yes if I paid on the first and paid by credit/debit card. I did both. The heck with the TV channel paper, I went right home and pulled up my bank account on the computer! My heart sank when I saw Available Funds $0.00 OH NO! It seems as though the credit card processing company Suncoast uses processed all the payments twice! An extra $1600 + out of our account that we weren't expecting! I went back to the office to let them know it had happened to me too. I was then informed that it happened to 42 of us in the park! The office knew this happened on Monday and here it is Wednesday and no one told us! We had used that debit card several times since Monday as I had gone and done a "big" grocery shopping and we filled the truck tank and bought beer. Of course this wiped out the couple hundred we had in a savings account linked to our checking account too. As far as we were concerned we should have had a little over $500.00 to get us through until the next retirement check hit. Thank heavens any bills we had were paid, the pantry was well stocked, the truck had a full tank and beer was in the fridge. I was assured this would all be straightened out on Friday, Monday at the latest. It had better be! Thank heavens we have a bit of a cash stash.

Poor Shag, our furkid has an upset stomach. She can't keep anything down, food or water. She had gotten sick during the night last night and bless this little dog, she managed to "heave" only on the tile or a throw rug. What a good pup! All the same I hate to see her not feeling well.

No comments: